Spinomed® IV A/P
Evidence-based spinal orthosis for osteoporosis.
- Osteoporotic bone collapse in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Hyperkyphosis with chronic back pain
Mode of Action:
- Initial stabilization of the spine after osteoporotic bone collapse
- Activation of the back muscles strengthens the spine and reduces hyperkyphosis
- Reduces the patient’s pain and promotes activity
- Ergonomically shaped shoulder straps make it easy to put on and increase wearing comfort
- Two functional straps ensure a clear, light structure and easy handling when putting it on
- Perforated soft material increases air circulation under the posterior spine panel ensuring patient comfort
- Small notches, stretch material and wide straps at the waist provide the necessary flexibility, a secure fit and optimum wearing comfort
- The newly developed flexible intermediate belt ensures that there is an optimum fit and that the belt system works effectively
- A flexible and breathable material integrated into the stomach pad provides a good fit and a high degree of wearing comfort. It also facilitates closing under tension
- The new strap loops help prevent twisting of the straps
Evidence based study* proves effectiveness * The evidence based study of Spinomed® was published in the “American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation”, edition March 2004. Copies available upon request. (article 99543).
|Size||Spine Length (cm)||Spine Length (inches)||Spinomed®
|XS||to 43||to 17″||#85121||#85021|
|SM||44 – 49||17″ – 19 ½”||#85122||#85022|
|MD||50 – 55||19 ½” – 21 ¾”||#85123||#85023|
|LG||56 – 61||21 ¾” – 24″||#85124||#85024|
|XL||62 – 67||24″ – 26 ½”||#85125||#85025|
Measure from the sacrum to just below the C7 following the spinal curvature.